Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

'Khalsa is my true form
Within the Khalsa, I abide
Khalsa is my main support
I am always with the Khalsa...'

Congratulation to the whole Khalsa Panth on the birth of the Khalsa!

We took our workshoppers back to Vaisakhi 1699, the day panj Sikhs gave their head to our Guru and were blessed with the Amrit and the Khalsa way of life. All were from different castes and creed, all came together out of love for their Guru.

Guru Sahib created a family like no other; recognisable- shining out of any crowd, strong and powerful, full of love and compassion and imbude with Amrit. In return, Guru Gobind Rai too gave a committment, to also stay true to the way of the Khalsa, to remain with the Khalsa and to eventually give up their whole family so the Khalsa could flourish.

We asked out workshoppers to think about what they think a Sikh should represent. We asked them to draw and create a Bata (iron bowl) and to write, draw and create all the things they felt we should embody as a Khalsa family.


'...Khalsa brings joy and happiness
Khalsa is my real friend
Khalsa is mother, father and giver of pleasure
Khalsa is my true beauty
Khalsa is an unwavering and close partner
Khalsa is my caste and creed
Because of the Khalsa, I was born
Khalsa is my world treasure
Because of the Khalsa, I have respect
Khalsa is my close family.'

Comments

Popular Posts